Holy shit! It’s been over a year since I last posted here. The absolute opposite of what I had intended to do with this blog. Let’s see if we can remedy it.
There is no way I can fully describe the events of the last year, so I’ll bullet point them:
- I saw Dr. Paul for about 6 months. He helped me so much I can’t even begin to compare who I was, to who I am today. It’s pretty startling. Pretty much comes down to having reached a place where I was able to embrace and love the woman/teen that I was, and come to terms with who I am today.
- I have a relationship with my youngest son. What a gift to have him in my life. We don’t talk as much as I’d like, and we’re still trying to find out who the other is, and find things in common…but it’s a joy to have him back.
- Dan got married. Yup, he got married. AND, I’m going to be a grandmother! A grandmother at the age of 46. I’m pretty stoked about that. Figure I’ll have so many years to have this child in my life. Danny married a wonderful young woman; Amanda. They stayed with us for a few days last week, and I fell in love with her; just as Dan told me I would. She’s good for him, and I just hope and pray that he’ll let his walls down, let her in, and treasure her. They’re working on it.
- Paul and I bought a house. I’m in love with my house. It’s my sanctuary. My retreat. It’s cost us a shit-ton of money….from sewer issues, to crumbling back steps…but I love it with every fiber of my being.
- I’m going to quit my job. After almost 8 years, I’m done. That’s a full story for another day….but there it is.